Expiry date: Friday 26 August 2022 at 12:00
Salary: £10.80 per hour
Hours: 24 hours per week
Location: Shawburn, Prestwick
Shawburn is a residential service based in Prestwick, Ayrshire and is home to up to nine residents who are supported in many different ways to lead the life they choose and our team are dedicated to ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to realise their full potential and achieve their ambitions.
Many of the people living in Shawburn have active social lives and are supported to access community resources such as college, voluntary work, local shops, restaurants, pubs, Hansel services, theatre and the cinema.
We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team.
Experience in social care is essential for this post along with flexibility to work a rota which includes 12 hour shifts, evenings, nights, sleepovers (£10.02 per hour) and weekends is require for this post.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.Apply Online