Why join Hansel?
Without a doubt working in social care is one of the most rewarding of careers where every day you can be safe in the knowledge that you are helping people with additional support needs exercise the same rights and choices as everyone else in the community.
However, working as part of an inspiring local charity to help others make the most of life is only one of many benefits at Hansel, where there are real opportunities to make a difference and have a fulfilling career.
We employ around 400 valued team members whose contribution is vital to the people we support having the freedom to live.
We are respectful at all times with customers, colleagues and partners. We appreciate each other and understand that everyone is different and has a unique contribution to offer.
We are honest and act with integrity at all times. We are approachable, professional and accountable for our actions. We strive to offer security by delivering what we say we will.
We collaborate with customers, colleagues and partners to achieve successful outcomes. We communicate effectively, share ideas, learn together and inspire one another.
We challenge ourselves to develop individually and embrace change. We reflect on what we can do better together and put energy into being innovative.
We are non-judgemental and celebrate individuality. We strive for equality, inclusion and fairness for our customers and team members at all times.
At Hansel we offer a range of benefits and support to our contracted team members:
Family friendly support:
- Competitive holiday entitlement, with additional holidays for long service
- Ability to buy or sell holidays
- Paid emergency dependent care leave and compassionate leave
- Access to HSF Health Cash Back Plan
Support when you need it:
- Occupational sick pay above statutory entitlement
- Access to Occupational Health support
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to legal helpline, debt advice and other health support
- Workplace pension (over and above statutory employer contributions)
- Non-contributory death in service scheme (two times basic salary)
- Refer A Friend scheme (£250 for each successful referral)
- Discount opportunities online and at major high street retailers
Learning and development support
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Variety of training on job specific skills related to your role (e.g. medication, safer people handling, epilepsy etc.)
- Online e-learning account and access to a wealth of learning opportunities
- Externally recognised SVQ qualifications
Working with us
We have a variety of employment opportunities and are looking for caring, flexible individuals who believe that every single person has something unique to offer. We would like to hear from you if this strikes a chord and you have a real passion for making a positive difference to other people’s lives.
Read more about us, the services we offer and our vision, mission and values here. – pink button link to About us page
Hansel celebrate diversity and are proud to be a Disability Confident and inclusive employer. We welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
To find out more contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01563 830340.Vacancies