Expiry date: Friday 27 May 2022 at 12:00
Salary: £10.80 per hour
Service: Hansel Supported Living Service
Hours: Various hours available (full time and part time)
Location: Either Broadmeadows, Symington or South Ayrshire Community
Hansel Supported Living Services provides a range of supports for adults with learning disabilities or autism to live in their own homes and access their local community.
We work to ensure that the customers we support are at the centre of all our efforts and their choices and views are respected. The service works in partnership with our customers, parents and families, and health and social care authorities to ensure a secure and nurtured environment for customers which can provide positive outcomes and opportunities for the future. Supports can be from 1 hour per day to 24 hours per day.
Flexibility to work a rota that includes days, evenings, nights, sleepovers and weekends is essential for these posts.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with people with additional needs
- Experience of supporting people with complex health, mobility and communication support needs
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
If you feel you have the passion, skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply now!
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.