Expiry date: Friday 24 November 2023 at 12:00
Salary: £10.90 per hour (£11.02 per hour from 1st Dec)
Service: Crail & Wilson Small Group Living Service (Residential)
Hours: Various hours available (Full time and Part time) (*female only)
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
We are looking for caring individuals to work within a residential care and small group living setting. Our team provide flexible cover to support people in their own lives, working with our residents who may have a variety of support needs such as learning difficulties, complex physical disabilities, behavioural needs and autism.
The successful applicant will join our dedicated and friendly staff team who support the health care needs of our residents as well as assisting them to live their lives in a way which reflects their individual choices, interests, wishes and aspirations. We ensure our residents are given an opportunity to achieve all they can and make full use of resources within the local community.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Candidates must be 18 years old or over for insurance purposes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity and values in line with Hansel
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with people with additional needs
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
*Qualifies under the Equality Act 2010
Document downloads:Rec Roleprofile 20230802 Supportworker
Sorry this vacancy has now expired