Expiry date: Friday 15 December 2023 at 12:00
Salary: £11.02 per hour
Hours: 39 hours per week
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
The Courtyard is based within the Broadmeadows Estate, Symington and is home to 11 residents with learning disabilities and a variety of health care needs. Our committed team works closely with our residents to support their health care needs as well as supporting them to live their lives in a way which reflects their individual choices, interests, wishes and aspirations.
Experience in residential care or personal caring experience is essential.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Candidates must be 18 years old or over for insurance purposes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
Document downloads:Rec Roleprofile 20230802 Supportworker
Sorry this vacancy has now expired