Expiry date: Friday 27 May 2022 at 12:00
Salary: £10.80 per hour
Service: Courtyard (Temporary for Courtyard, permanent for Hansel)
Hours: 39 hours per week (*Female Only)
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
The Courtyard is based within the Broadmeadows Estate, Symington and is home to 11 residents with learning disabilities and a variety of health care needs. Our committed team works closely with our residents to support their health care needs as well as supporting them to live their lives in a way which reflects their individual choices, interests, wishes and aspirations.
A current driving licence is essential for this post along with experience in social care and flexibility to work a rota which includes 12 hour shifts, evenings, nights, sleepovers and weekends.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with people with additional needs
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
*Qualifies under the Equality Act 2010