Expiry date: Friday 15 December 2023 at 12:00
Salary: £11.02 per hour
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you want to support people to thrive in life and achieve their goals?
At Connect we take the lead from the people we work with, working alongside each person to help create opportunities to make and sustain friendships and connections in their own lives. We look for strengths and what people have to give. The relationships we have with other people are important to us– our family, our friends and other important people. People living with learning difficulties say the same, relationships are really important.
- Do you believe that everyone has their own unique contribution to make and that people have the right to lead and shape their own lives?
- Can you put people at the heart of all plans and decisions about their lives and empower people to speak about how their support is working for them?
- Can you look beyond labels and see each person, while recognising the importance of joint working and understanding the barriers and challenges the people we work alongside might face?
- Are you be flexible and prepared to work alongside the people we work with when they decide?
As a Sessional Connector you will work alongside customers to provide quality support that meets their needs and create opportunities to achieve their personal outcomes. You will be an effective communicator who will develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Successful candidates will also be enablers who understand positive risk taking and the positive impact this can have on individual’s lives.
Essential criteria for the post include:
- A flexible approach to shift patterns
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic IT skills
- Personal resilience and flexibility to adapt to change
- Ability to lone work, using own initiative and manage time accordingly
- Commitment to our customers and working alongside people to make a genuine connections in their community
- Candidates must be 18 years old or over for insurance purposes
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience of providing direct support alongside people who have learning difficulties, complex needs or with Autism
- Knowledge and understanding of Hansel's values and the Health and Social Care Standards
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Document downloads:Hansel Connector Role Profile (1)
Sorry this vacancy has now expired