Support Workers (Connectors)
Broadmeadows, Symington and Ayrshire
Full time, permanent and temporary posts (35 hours per week)
£9.00 per hour
Job Ref: CON/1911
Closing Date for Returned Applications: 31 March 2020
What is Connect?
At Connect we take the lead from the people we work with, working alongside each person to help create opportunities to make and sustain friendships and connections in their own lives. We look for strengths and what people have to give. The relationships we have with other people are important to us– our family, our friends and other important people. People living with additional support needs say the same, relationships are really important.
- Do you believe that everyone has their own unique contribution to make and that people have the right to lead and shape their own lives?
- Can you put people at the heart of all plans and decisions about their lives and empower people to speak about how their support is working for them?
- Can you look beyond labels and see each person, while recognising the importance of joint working and understanding the barriers and challenges the people we work alongside might face?
- Are you be flexible and prepared to work alongside the people we work with when they decide?
As a Connector you will work alongside customers to provide quality support that meets their needs and create opportunities to achieve their personal outcomes. You will be an effective communicator who will develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Successful candidates will also be enablers who understand positive risk taking and the positive impact this can have on individual’s lives.
The ideal candidates will preferably have:
- A flexible approach to shift patterns which can include split shifts
- Experience of providing direct support alongside people who have additional support needs, complex needs or with Autism
- Experience of working successfully in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Hansel's values and the Health and Social Care Standards
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic IT skills
- Personal resilience and flexibility to adapt to change
- Ability to lone work, using own initiative and manage time accordingly
- Commitment to our customers and working alongside people to make a genuine connections in their community
- Standard Grade English and Maths or equivalent
Download a role Profile here.
*For these posts gender is considered to be to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.