Facilities, Maintenance and Compliance Operative
Expiry date: Monday 27 November 2023 at 12:00
Salary: £25,095 - £25,590 per annum
Service: Facilities and Maintenance
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Broadmeadows, Symington
Hansel is a leading social care provider working for people with learning disabilities and additional needs to be valued and active citizens in all communities across Ayrshire.
Our dedicated Maintenance and Facilities Team provide a responsive and professional service across our site at Broadmeadows, Symington and in our services throughout Ayrshire. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Facilities, Maintenance and Compliance Operative to join the team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintenance and repair work including joinery, plumbing and general building works, ensuring that all work is carried out safely, efficiently and with minimal disruption to our customers and team members. They will also manage small projects, carry out the relevant compliance checks for various aspects of Hansel’s estate and buildings and deputise for the Facilities and Maintenance Manager as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- An SVQ Level 2 in a relevant discipline such as Joinery, Plumbing, Building or an equivalent qualification
- Previous direct experience of providing a maintenance and repair service
- Experience in carrying out legislative compliance checks
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety in the workplace
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate in an emergency on call rota as and when required
- Respect for diversity and inclusion
A full driving license and access to a vehicle is also required. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity to contribute to the work of Hansel, in an environment that strives for continuous improvement, please click apply now. This post is subject to a Standard Disclosure. Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
Document downloads:JD 20231109 Maintenanceoperative Final
Sorry this vacancy has now expired